Conditions of Use
A TDS should be used as a generic guide for Facilities Management Service Providers (FMSP) to deliver Facilities Maintenance Services, specifically Preventative Maintenance in accordance with the DIT Agency Work Procedure Manual.
Users of a TDS should familiarise themselves with the following Conditions of Use:
- You use the information and data contained in any TDS published by DIT at your sole risk. DIT-AGFMA does not have the expertise to provide complete or accurate technical data schedules and provides these technical data sheets merely as a starting point and/or guide.
- If you rely on the information in a TDS you are responsible for ensuring, by independent verification, its accuracy, currency and completeness. DIT cannot guarantee that the information contained in a TDS meets the standards or requirements of legislative requirements.
- A TDS is not an exhaustive list of tasks or obligations that may be required and is generally generic in nature. DIT does not oblige the user of a TDS to rely on it to the exclusion of other sources of information. For example, manufacturer’s requirements may need to be followed for additional and / or alternative tasks and for additional and / or alternative servicing frequencies. You should always check the primary source of information such as the Australian Standards, manufacturer’s specifications, legislation and other standards before undertaking any work to which a schedule may apply.
- You must apply appropriate risk management principles and carry out all tasks in accordance with obligations under the Work Health and Safety Act 2012.
- You must not use a TDS unless you meet the specific competency requirements for preventative maintenance servicing works and are capable of applying the TDS to your trade or area of expertise. A TDS is only to be used by people who are specifically instructed by DIT to use them and only for work undertaken in South Australia.
- DIT, its agents, instrumentalities, officers and employees make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information, the data contained in a TDS or the suitability of a TDS for a particular purpose
- DIT does not provide legal advice. DIT accepts no liability, howsoever arising, for any loss resulting from the use of a TDS and any information or data or reliance placed on them.
- DIT may change information and data in a TDS without notice.
- DIT may revise this disclaimer at any time by updating these Conditions of Use.